American's Congregation

As I walk this uncharted path call life my minds wonders into visions of Uncle Sam standing at a podium dawning a robe of bombs stars and stripes'
Behind him I see a choir called of president the house and senate and in front of me I see a plate of bread and whine being passed by the Supreme court draped in ropes covered by
American stereotypes...

They are screaming at me telling me drink the wine for it is the blood that our forefathers shed to make this great nation free'
The bread represents their bodies laid down at the alter of freedom for if we don't understand their struggles their nightmares we are doomed to see...

I drink and I see flashes of bodies laid out on the Gettysburg lawn and soldiers upon the USS Arizona grasping for their last breathes of air'
I take a bite of the bread and see flashes of children with bombs strapped to their backs walking toward Vietnam Camps. One explodes and my chest aches from shrapnel as if I am really there...

I have visions of slaves taking transatlantic cruises while in the blink of a eye I am transported to General Custer grasping his Colt,
The next moment I'm in the middle of a Civil Rights march fighting to end the flames of Mississippi's ghost...

I see bombs blasting in the midnight air while blood soaked flags wave against the horizon and in the mist of all this death and destruction,
I see a lone soul penning an poem that will one day be the anthem of a great nation. He gazes upon that star spangled banner and as she waves tears fall as he's caught in her seduction...

Theres a tap at my shoulder I look up and it's the IRS passing around a collection plate but as I look inside I see nothing but welfare checks birth and death certificates,
I hear a scream in the background but nobody else turns around so I guess I must be the only one hearing it...

As my head spins at a 45 degree angle I see Lady Liberty with her eyes blind folded screaming out notes of pain,
As she sees destruction given in her name as bombs fall on sovereign nations like a cold November rain...

She sheds tears for fallen soldiers men women and children whose blood was shed for the freedom of those in bondage around this young earth,
She sheds tears for the spiritually dead enslaved to ignorance and prays for America's spiritual rebirth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top