Why own/.carry a pistol

For me it's because I understand the police can't be everywhere 24-7. The world isn't some pretty flower laced utopia that people would like you to believe. Crime is a daily occurrence that can't be quashed no matter how many police you have patrolling through neighborhoods. The police try to their best to detour crime but they can't detour it all. It is up to us to better our neighborhoods and if it means me having my pistol so some thug won't cross my path and try to take what I have worked hard for. So be it. If one crosses my path and I have to use my pistol I will. I pray I never have to do it but if it happens it just happens.There are people who wake up in the morning with the mindset to destroy the lives of good citizens. I understand that mass murders will happen but the numbers can be less if someone stands up and takes the aggressor out. But I guess some would like us to stand up and say " hey you stop shooting or I will call the police".

Has anyone ever noticed that most gun crimes occur in so called "gun free" zones. That is because the criminal element knows that the law abiding citizen won't be armed. So then in turn the criminal attacks those who he knows for a fact will be unarmed. Those who lobby for stronger gun laws should understand that no matter how stringent the gun laws are the criminal element with still get their hands on guns. THEY ARE CRIMINALS. THEY DON"T FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE LAND. They don't care that you can't be a felon and buy a firearm. They don't care about the various safety course that law abiding citizens take everyday. They don't Care about what the constitution says about gun ownership. All they care about is getting their hands on a gun to commit crimes against the law abiding public.


I don't own a gun because I believe I'm superman. I don't own a gun because I believe some imaginary war is going to break out here in America. The following basically sums up why I own a gun...

Why I Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.


I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the
world.


I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.


I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
myself for failing to be prepared.


I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and
not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.


I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a
cowboy.


I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the
ones they love.


I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
inadequate.


I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.


..author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top